WESLI Teacher Training Program is in India with an intensive three-week, 100-hour TEFL certification that runs May 9-May 26.
- Courses use a hands-on approach giving trainees the chance to try out new methods and techniques in a supportive learning atmosphere.
- Class size averages nine trainees, allowing for individualized instruction.
- Trainees have at least three main instructors, with access to many others through workshops and class observations.
- WTTP instructors have more than seven years of professional ESL (English as a Second Language) and EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teaching experience. Most have Master’s Degrees in the field of English language education.
- WTTP graduates have found jobs teaching English in over 45 countries.
Overall Program Goals
The 100-hour WESLI Teacher Training Program in India is designed to train aspiring teachers, or current practitioners, in the fundamentals of English as a Second or Other Language (TESOL) in an environment that encourages collaboration, critical thinking and cultural competency. This goal will be achieved by a balance of theory and practice, with particular emphasis on practical, hands-on experience. The program will provide candidates with the opportunity to apply and reflect upon theoretical knowledge of language acquisition theory, ESL/EFL methodology, and assessment theory in a real ESL classroom. (Note: The curriculum is designed to meet the TESOL International Association ASEG Draft Short-Term Certificate Program Standards (2014).)
This certificate course program is designed to have 100 contact hours over a three-week session, including: Course Instruction, Observation of experienced WESLI teachers, Practicum Teaching Experience, Peer Observation & Feedback on teaching from experienced observers. Candidates are also expected to spend additional time outside of the classroom completing required reading, research, reflections, assignments and lesson planning.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Connect Educational Consultants ltd314, Third Floor ‘Atlantis’ | Opposite Gwalia Sweets |Sarabhai Road | Alkapuri | Vadodara | INDIA
- Phone: 0265-2327755/2329955/08000776248