Applying for university can seem very complicated – but planning ahead and having all of the correct information can make things a lot easier. We’re very lucky to have Sue & Macari helping with university applications – here are just a few of her tips for making the process easier. Remember than you can find Macari downstairs in room LL4 and Sue in LL3.
What do I need to do to apply to a university or college?
Once you decide where you want to apply, you need to look at the Admission Requirements page for each university. They will tell you exactly what papers and documents you need.
In general, though, you will need these things to apply for a Bachelor’s degree program:
- A completed university application (usually online)
- Application fee payment (usually by credit card)
- Official copies of your transcripts (your classes and grades) from each high school and college or university you attended
- A letter from your family’s bank with the total amount of money in your parent’s bank account
- A Financial Guarantee Form completed by your father or mother
- A copy of the photo page from your passport
- A completed scholarship application if you want to apply for one
You can do #1 and #2 online. Then mail #3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 to the university or college Admissions Office. They will send you an e-mail to tell you they received your application. Later, they will send more e-mails to explain things to you or ask any questions they have. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions that you have, too!